“Good, Inexpensive Meal Ideas”
We all want to save money on groceries and foods but we can’t accept low cost food and not even get Idea about it .Whenever we think about “GOOD, INEXPENSIVE MEAL IDEAS” our mind shows some junk foods like burgers, chickens-rolls, Fried Chicken, Tandoori etc. According to me few good, healthy and low cost meals to get you always turn on along with your savings.
- Fruit Salad: – Being healthy and colorful, you never ever go wrong with this meal idea.It is most Good, Inexpensive Meal Ideas . Many fruit is coming into summer season making it that much less expensive and more healthy too. Secondly preparing salad is also not time taking and ingredients are also easily available. So rush to fruit market and full your bags with all fruits and make salad and enjoy the summer season with healthy living.
- Roast Vegetables: – Roasted foods are always yum and healthy, so you can try this meal any day whenever you get time and also add it as Good, Inexpensive Meal Ideas. Roast involves nothing complicated at all, you just need to roast potatoes, carrots, celery and onion (tossed with a little olive oil) and then place the chicken breast on top to cook.
- Buttermilk:-It is mandatory to combine your meal with a cup of buttermilk. Buttermilk is low in calories & contains low fat. To make buttermilk-you need half a glass of yogurts and half glass of water, salt and chopped coriander leaves .Mix all these ingredients together and grab a full glass of healthy drink.
- Sāmbhar:-One of the healthiest food you would see on the dining table of half of India is Sāmbhar. So let’s make it also in the list of Good, Inexpensive Meal Ideas .Actually its origin is south India but easily acquired space at all over India. And the reason is very simple and logical. It consists of vegetable which will give you a lot of proteins and vitamins.
- Rajma:- Everyone’s favorite and most healthy Indian food should try out is rajma curry. This legume is low in calories and full of proteins. You can make this legume as a curry or a dry dish.
- Arhar Dal: – This healthy Indian dish is very common in everyone’s house. Generally it is made along with beans. This is also called as pigeon pea. It consists of very less amount of calories and good amount of fats.
- Raita: – It is serves as sides with Indian foods like biryani or rice. Raita is yogurt which is mixed with vegetables like tomato, cucumber and onions. Few people made it with boondi. It is low in calories that is why it is healthy.
- Brown Rice: – Rice always being the staple food in India, you should make it a habit to consume brown rice instead of white. It is healthier and less fattening and contains a list of nutrients too when compared to white rice.
- Idly: – Let’s go to south and look at their diet, idly. Made up of fermented rice and dal mixture and prepared by steaming, this food is a rich source of carbs and protein. Low in fat, these are also easily digestible. The best kind of a breakfast to have if you want to lose weight and actually looking for balance diet.
- Dhokla: – Now its turn of west, dhoklas are very popular in Gujarat. Another fermented and steamed dish from India, it is made from fermented dal. Good for diabetic patients. Being steamed and not fried, these have no oil content which makes them low on calories and being made from dals full of the proteins and fiber content. A double threat to the health conscious.
- Eggs and Toast: – Scrambled, over-easy, poached- any way you like them eggs are a cheap, high-protein meal option.