Google Map Introduces Plus Code for India
Google Map is always aiming to improve the address search in the country by organizing the location-related information. But the main problem Google Map faces in country is its residential addresses, which do not follow a fixed format and may vary from region to region. In addition to this, a most of addresses are hard to locate, especially for those of people living in remote or interior locations.Google map introduces google plus code.
Google has introduced a new ‘Open Source Solution ‘by the name “Google plus Code”.
Without describing what exactly plus code is, it’s unfair to guide how part. So let’s start with what is plus code? The Google map introduces google plus code having address format has 6 characters followed by a local code. Anyone can generate, share and search for any specific location using this format with the help of Google Maps. Its format is open source, making it simpler for anyone while using app or web.
What is Google plus Code? A plus code is like a street address for people or places. It gives addresses to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to access that particular address very easily by using that Plus Code. It is short, simple, and easy to use: For example F26X+5F is plus code for Haryana, India. These codes can be used on Google Maps to get directions to a home or business.
How to find the plus code for a place? Now we should know how we can get any specific address Plus Code. It’s very easy you just need to follow mentioned below steps and you will get your desired place plus code.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Touch and hold a place to drop a pin on Google Maps.
- At the bottom, tap the address or description.
- Scroll down to find the plus code, such as 8439VCW3V+PG.
What makes plus codes unique?
- Available Free: – This Code is available free. There are no licensing fees or other costs required. The technology is open-sourced.
- Accessible offline: – If you don’t have internet no worries Plus codes work whether you are online or offline.
- Easy to use: – Places that are close to each other have similar plus codes. This makes it easy to work out if you are near to, or far away from your destination.
- Independent of borders: – Plus codes work even in those places too that haven’t been mapped.
- Easy to Identify: – The “PLUS (+)” symbol in plus codes helps identify them for people and computers, ensuring Google Search and Google Maps recognize them.
Another special feature that Google has added in the Maps is voice navigation in six Indian languages. Google says that it has seen great interest in voice navigation in Hindi, often used by Ola and Uber drivers in India, after that feature was added in Google Maps. So from now anyone can enjoy navigation with six more Indian local languages: These are Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu and Malayalam. And also in near future, it plans to add even more languages to the Google Maps.
On the other hand also would like to inform you that it is not the replacement of pin codes. It’s Just a simplified way to find a specific address.
Any suggestions on Google map introduces google plus code or anything would like to share with us which I left off? Request you to share about them in the comments below!
That’s all from me. If you have any query or questions you can leave your comment on comment box below or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also Don’t forget to like and comment on our social handles mentioned below and keep visiting on this space for latest blogging,tech, SEO updates.